These Back to School math centers are packed with TONS of hands-on, interactive, and engaging activities! They are a perfect addition for your kindergarten classroom and have TONS of fun activities for the beginning of the school year! This pack includes 16 Math Center Activities!!
Each math center activity is aligned to the Common Core and includes:
• ‘I Can’ kid friendly posters for students
• Recording sheets for student accountability
• The Common Core Standards that each activity is aligned to
*Make sure to download the preview to see what is all included!
*NOTE: These activities are ONLY the MATH Activities from my: Back to School Math and Literacy Centers (BUNDLED)
Here are some brief descriptions of the activities included as well as the Common Core standards:
• Bus Stops Here (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5)- Place the correct number of kids next to a bus to show the number.
• Roll a Number (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5)- Roll a dice, count the dots, and remove the clothespin from the correct number. A game to play with 2+ players.
• Shape Search (K.G.A.1, K.G.B.4)- Choose a shape, find, and color the matching shape.
• Order Numbers (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3)- Order numbers 1-5 or 1-10.
• A Pouch of Ten Frames (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.B.4)- Match the ten frame to the correct number.
• All About Numbers (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4)- Show numbers 1-5 or 1-10 on dice, fingers, and with base ten blocks.
• Spin and Graph Numbers (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3)- Spin numbers or dots and graph. A game to play with 2+ players.
• Counting Mystery Picture (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.B.4)- Count groups of pictures. A mystery picture will form when the numbers are placed on the correct groups of pictures.
• Number Towers (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.B.4)- Build different number towers on mats using unifix cubes.
• Order Numbers Mystery Picture (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3)- Order numbers 1-5 or 1-10. Mystery pictures will form as they put the numbers in order. (2 puzzles each for numbers 1-5 and 1-10)
• Let’s Count at Lunch (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5)- Count pictures and find the matching number.
• Building Numbers (K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4)- Use play dough to form numbers 1-10.
• Books in Order (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.2, K.CC.A.3)- Count to determine the missing number.
• Clipping Numbers (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.B.4, K.CC.B.5)- Place the correct number of clothespins on the card to show the number.
• Let’s Write Numbers (K.CC.A.1, K.CC.A.3, K.CC.A.4, K.CC.B.5)- Trace and write numbers. They will also place the correct number of pictures to show the number.
• Letters vs. Numbers (RF.K.1.D, L.K.1.A, K.CC.A.1)- Sort cards by whether they are letters or numbers.
If you are looking for Back to School Literacy Centers, you can grab them in my BUNDLE!
Back to School Math and Literacy Centers (BUNDLED)
SAVE BIG with my Math Centers MEGA BUNDLE for the entire year!
Math Centers for the Year BUNDLED
You can check out my other Monthly Math Centers below:
August: Back to School Math Centers
September: Fall Math Centers
October: Halloween Math Centers
November: November Math Centers
December: December Math Centers
January: Winter Math Centers
February: February Math Centers
March: March Math Centers
April: Spring Math Centers
May/June/July: Summer Math Centers
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
First Grade Math & Literacy Centers for the Year:
First Grade Math and Literacy Centers Bundle #1
First Grade Literacy Centers for the Year
First Grade Math Centers for the Year