These First Grade May Centers BUNDLED are packed with hands-on, interactive, and engaging Math and Literacy activities! They are a perfect addition for your first grade classroom and have TONS of fun activities to use throughout the month of May, June, and the summer! This bundle includes 20 Center Activities!! (10 Math and 10 Literacy Activities)
Each Math and Literacy center activity includes:
• ‘I Can’ kid friendly posters for student independence.
• Recording sheets for student accountability.
• Detailed how to use and prep directions.
• Easy to prep activities.
• Answer Keys
Here are some brief descriptions of the activities included:
• Sliding to Vowel Teams- Match different vowel teams to the correct pictures.
• Surf Board Digraphs- Find the beginning or ending digraphs to different pictures.
• Bubbles Full of Contractions- Spell and build contractions.
• Sunny Parts of Speech- Sort pictures/words by whether they are a noun, verb, or an adjective.
• Floating R-Controlled Vowels- Match pictures to r-controlled vowel words.
• Compound Words Mystery Picture- Match compound words to pictures to reveal a mystery picture.
• Homophone Sunglasses- Match homophone words/pictures.
• Finish the Sentence- Read the first part of a sentence and find the correct second part of the sentence to make it complete.
• Hot Plural Balloons- Match pictures/words to the correct plural ending.
• Sentence Unscramble- Put words in the correct order to make a complete sentence.
• Balancing on the Beach- Look at the given equations and determine whether they are or are not balanced.
• Scooping Up Fractions- Match ice cream scoops to the correct fraction.
• Missing Numbers at the Picnic- Find the missing number in the equation to make it complete.
• 120 Chart Puzzles- Count to determine the missing numbers on a 120 chart. A mystery picture will be revealed.
• Popsicle Equations- Solve different vertical addition and subtraction equations.
• Frozen Treats Truck- Order different ice cream treats using a menu, determine the total, and pay for them with coins.
• Sandcastle Fact Families- Build fact families using given numbers.
• Crabby Expanded Form- Find the expanded form of different given numbers.
• Sunny Time- Play a game where they try to be the first player to spin and roll different times to cover all of the matching clocks on their game mat.
• Water Balloon Counting- Continue different number sequences and determine the counting patterns.
• Burger Compare- Play a game where they compare numbers and try to be the first player to build a complete burger.
• Word Problems- Read and act out different word problems on a work mat. They will find equations to go with the word problems.
• Shapes in the Real World- Play a game where they match 2D and 3D shapes to different real world objects.
• Roasting Double Digit Addition- Find the sum to different double digit equations.
*Download the preview to see all that is included!
You can check out all of my First Grade Monthly Math and Literacy Centers below:
Back to School Math and Literacy Centers (First Grade)
September Math and Literacy Centers (First Grade)
October Math and Literacy Centers (First Grade)
November Math and Literacy Centers (First Grade)
December Math and Literacy Centers (First Grade)
January Math and Literacy Centers (First Grade)
February Math and Literacy Centers (First Grade)
March Math and Literacy Centers (First Grade)
April Math and Literacy Centers (First Grade)
May/Summer Math and Literacy Centers (First Grade)
Need more monthly first grade centers? SAVE BIG with these Year Long Center Bundles here (Special Buy In Price):
First Grade Math and Literacy Centers Bundle #1 August-December
First Grade Math and Literacy Centers Bundle #2 January-May
First Grade Literacy Centers for the Year
First Grade Math Centers for the Year
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Kindergarten Math & Literacy Centers for the Year:
Kindergarten Math & Literacy Centers for the Year Bundle 1
Kindergarten Math & Literacy Centers for the Year Bundle 2
Kindergarten Literacy Centers for the Year
Kindergarten Math Centers for the Year