Winter break is coming to an end and before we know it we will be back at school and everyone will be trying to get back into the swing of things. Not only is it hard on the teachers, but it is even harder on the students!!! All that relaxing, sleeping in, extra naps, and now it is time to get back to hard work!
THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!!
I have been thinking of some fun activities that I can do to help everyone adjust to coming back to school from break, review previous skills learned, and make it a fun transition for the students of course!!
I made one of my students favorite activities, but with a winter theme… Winter Mystery Puzzles!
These Mystery Puzzles are a HUGE hit in my class!!
WHAT ARE THESE PUZZLES?
– Students work to build a mystery puzzle while also focusing on a specific skill.
– They are hands-on, interactive, engaging, and so much FUN!
– Rather than just building the puzzle, students show accountability by showing the work they did to build the puzzle.
HOW TO SET UP?
– These puzzles are completely NO PREP!! Just Print and GO!!
– Students will need a pencil, scissors, glue stick, and crayons.
HOW TO USE THEM IN YOUR CLASSROOM?
– These can be used for morning work, centers, homework, group work, and so much more!!
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
– 6 different mystery puzzles (Focus Skills: Beginning Sounds, Ending Sounds, CVC Words, Addition, Subtraction, Counting Ten Frames)
– Answer Key for each mystery puzzle
– Step-by-step directions on how to use.
WHY ARE THESE A HUGE HIT?
Who doesn’t love puzzles!?!? I always love the mystery that goes into them!
What is exciting is that students don’t know what the puzzle is going to be until they place all of the puzzle pieces in the correct spaces. They keep asking for more!!
WHAT IS THE BEST PART?
– Students don’t even realize they are learning and/or reviewing skills because of the fun/mystery that goes into making each puzzle.
– They are FREE!!!!!
Here are step-by-step pictures of how to use these mystery puzzles:
I hope you can find these mystery puzzles helpful and as a fun activity to use while in your classroom! And most of all as a fun way to learn/review skills and bring lots of smiles to your classroom after winter break!
Grab these Winter Mystery Puzzles FREEBIE at my TPT Store by clicking on the picture below:
I am so excited to be teaming up with some incredibly wonderful teacher bloggers this month for an I Teach Kinder Linky! This group is an incredibly talented and dedicated group of teachers who have great ideas and resources they want to share with you all!
Make sure to check out all of the ideas and resources below and vote for 2 ideas that you love the most! You can also sign up for monthly freebies from kindergarten teachers!