I recently received a message from the wonderful bloggers Laura from Luv MyKinders and Andrea from Tricks of the Trade in First Grade. I am so incredibly honored and thankful for them to nominate me for the Liebster award! Thank you sooo sooo much!! I was completely surprised and am so appreciative that they noticed my blog! The Liebster Award is a way for newer bloggers (with less than 200 followers) who have great content, to link up, meet other bloggers and share a little about themselves! Here are the answers to your questions 🙂 Here are the answers to your questions 🙂
1. Why and how long ago did you start your blog?
I started blogging in July of 2012. I was always one who loved reading other teaching blogs and was so inspired by them. I had a lot of friends and colleagues tell me that I should find a way to share my classroom ideas. So…. even though I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, I decided to start a blog! I hope with my blog that I can help other teachers in any way like other blogs have helped me!
2. What one word would sum up the heart of your blog and why?
One word is tough! I know that is a common answer to this question, but my one word would be: sharing. Before I started blogging I LOVED reading the ideas that other teachers had and appreciated all that they shared. I hope to help others in the way I was and I do my best to share as much as I know and can.
3. Is there something you learned late in your blog journey you wish you knew before?
I wish I would have asked more questions about blogging. I am going to be honest. I had NO IDEA what I was doing when I started. I would just click different buttons and spend hours figuring out this blogging world. I have learned that other bloggers are so incredibly kind and helpful and that they are always willing to help!
4. What is your favorite pastime other than blogging?
I love spending time with my family and catching up on all my shows that I have on DVR! My DVR seems to fill up quickly sometimes!
5. How many hours a week do you dedicate to your blog?
As of right now, I usually dedicate the weekend to my blog. I like to make weekly blog posts about what I have done in my class throughout the week. I usually do a big blog post on Saturday or Sundays. I am hoping in the future to blog twice a week or more! Still working on my time management and trying to add more hours to the day!
6. What category of blog posts do you enjoy the most?
There are so many fun categories to read! I really enjoy classroom setup categories. I love seeing all of the different classrooms and love to use the ideas to get inspired for my own classroom.
7. Where does your blog inspiration come from?
My main inspiration comes from my students. I love learning from them and getting ideas on what they learn best doing. I also am inspired by the other wonderful bloggers!
8. Which post (that you’ve written) are you most proud of?
I enjoy posting my weekly ‘peek at my week’. I like to show the activities we do Monday-Friday. It is such a great way for me to reflect on our week and I love going back and seeing our growth throughout the year! Sometimes when I look at my weekly post I think to myself ‘WOW! We did all of that in one week?!?!
I also hope these weekly post will give some of my readers ideas that they can do in their classroom!
9. Is there any post you’ve been planning to do but have postponed to do for a while now?
There are so many! Sometimes I wish there were more hours in the day! I have been postponing a post on classroom management and on students tracking their progress. I hope to post about those soon!
10. What is your favorite aspect about blogging?
I absolutely LOVE all the people that I get to meet and connect with! I also love getting to know other bloggers. Even though I do not get to see them in person, I feel like I really get to know them through their blog!
11. Which idea on my blog would you most likely try?
From Laura on Luv My Kinders: I absolutely love her Shape Posters! They are adorable! I also love how she does the Five for Friday and hope to get to do that one day soon! 🙂
From Andrea on Tricks of the Trade in First Grade: I love her back to school idea! They are hands on and look like a blast for the students!
Thanks again Laura and Andrea for nominating me for this award! I really enjoyed answering these questions! I am so excited to nominate these wonderful bloggers for the Liebster Award and get to learn more about them:
Megan from A New Box of Crayons
Kristine from My Little Big Star
Here are the rules for the nominees:
1. In your post, link back to the blogger who nominated you as a thank you and “shout out.” (Follow their blog if you haven’t already!)
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you (the ones I answered above).
3. Nominate 5-11 blogs of your choice that each have less than 200 followers. Provide them with 11 questions to answer or have them answer the questions above.
4. Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated and provide them with a link to your post so that they can accept.
5. Send your nominator a link to your post so that s/he can learn more about you as well! (You can just put your post link in the comments below!)
Thanks again! 🙂